Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My kindle fire all of a sudden doesn't connect to my wi fi

Customer Question

my kindle fire all of a sudden doesn't connect to my wi fi it says it is out of range it will also not connect to my cable internet service
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did what you said and it turned itself back on after slightly less than a minute and I still get the same message
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, have you tried rebooting your router yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I can't take a phone call- sorry. The site sends that offer to you automatically- it's not anything I have any control over. Please simply reply back here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did that already I unplugged all three wires, waited a few minutes and plugged them back in it did nothing
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Hi!

Usually, a factory reset will fix the issue.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  3. Tap Reset to confirm.
  4. After the reset, register your Kindle back to your Amazon account.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not like the answer you gave me I have not accepted the phone call do not charge my credit card for any more than the
$5.00 or I will dispute the charges
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Did you perform the factory reset?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I do not want to do that I just got a phone call after this page said it cant accept phone calls I do not like the service here I feel like I am getting the runaround do not charge my credit card any more than the $5.00 or I will dispute the charges
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

The factory reset will fix your issue although it is up to the customer if they want to perform the steps.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 10 months ago.

Via the phone conversation, please follow the steps to do the factory reset and check:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. (or click on the gear icon at the top, then click on option More as needed.)
  2. Tap Device or Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  3. Tap Yes or Reset to confirm.

Please let me know if there is still any issue; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Please follow my steps for a factory reset (Same as the last expert posted)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.