Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My kindle fire 10 won't connect to WIFI authentication

Customer Question

my kindle fire 10 won't connect to WIFI authentication problem
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the wifi router, and if you have a windows computer already connected to wifi please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it's a cisco. I am connected. there are 3 very long numbers -which would you like?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Do you see wireless key?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I;m not sure where it is or what it looks like?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

It would be on a label but I still do not have the model from you so cannot say specifically where... Do you have a windows computer already connected then to wifi?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will stay with current service unless you can explain to me what you think the problem is and how you will fix it
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, I offered it as I am not getting information I am asking for...

I will try again with the two questions I initially asked, can you please reply on them

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. Richard. I believe that I told you that the router was a Cisco. that I am connected by computer and if you could possibly tell me how many characters should be n the model number I will get it for you right away. Thanks, Steve
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I only have here Cisco Steve, which is the brand.. I do not know how many characters are in your model as each model has a different amount. But If your saying your windows computer is connected to the wifi network, then

We can get the password ***** this.

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the delay-phone calls Password-ab1bc7 Same password ***** my laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

No problem.

If that is the password ***** got from doing my instructions then use this on the Kindle please when connecting to wifi.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
round noon today I replied to Richard that WI Fi Was still not workng and I have not had a response
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 11 months ago.

Try these steps please on your Kindle>

• Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
  • detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
  • Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
  • Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.

Then on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• Then try connecting to Wi-Fi
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
  • Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I replied to you on this within minutes, the password ***** need to enter is ab1bc7 if this is what you got from my instructions.

What happens when you enter this in?