Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Android Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

I have moved to the US but my Play Store still does not

Customer Question

I have moved to the US but my Play Store still does not recognize the region. I cannot download some important apps because they are not allowed in my previous region which the Play Store is lock on. I have changed my Google accounts address and my payment options to US ones. I have cleared the app's cache and data, forced it to stop and disabled it. I also gave it location permission. Still did not change. Can anyone help, please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To tell what is wrong, I will need some information please:

- what device is your Play Store being accessed with? by maker and model #.

- what region were you in originally? Europe, South America, elsewhere in North America, etc. ? just vaguely.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My device is SM-G900F.
My original region is in Middle East.

OK. I think this problem can be fixed...

The CSC file on your Samsung device, determines some software downloads availability.

Changing the CSC file will change the 'default country location' of the phone to some extent, as far as software downloads are concerned.

Depending upon your provider of carrier service, there are various codes in the CSC file that would need to be changed to signify 'phone is in the US region' or 'North America region'.

This page details them to some extent:

http://www.galaxys5update.com/change-csc-code-samsung-galaxy-s5/

though it admittedly is for a Samsung S5, not your device.

But the procedure is too advanced for me to instruct you, I confess. I may have to Opt Out of this case.

At any rate, changing the 'basic country' of your Samsung device is basic to this problem.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Expert:  Terry Parker replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be your "Device Repair Technician. I will assist you the best possible way I can to help resolve the issue you are having with your device. I would also like to ask you to rate me on my services that I will providing for you. So lets get started.
Due to this situation you might have to uninstall play store and reinstall it again.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would have already done that if it was doable but there's no option for uninstalling, only "disable" and "force stop" and I have tried that. I forgot to mention that I even made a purchase with my new US Bank account in the store but nothing happened.
Can you update the app?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There's no update option. But I just downloaded the "latest version" from this page: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-6-7-13-e-all-0-2920566-release/google-play-store-6-7-13-e-0-2920566-android-apk-download/ and with the same problem. I also just formatted my device but nothing.
The only option left is reset the device and start it from factory reset.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's what I just did... it does not help.
When you factory reset it you have to change everything over to the US
Or you might have to to get another device and change it with your same number. I'll dobsome research for you.