p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

I accidentally disconnected my nternet from my kinde. Now

Customer Question

I accidentally disconnected my nternet from my kinde. Now when i RECONNEcT i AM ASKED FOR A PASSWORD. i USED THE PASSWORD ***** THE BOTTOM OF MY MODEM BUT THAT WAS REFUSED = 3 TIMES! What passwodr do they want?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is it showing a network name when you try to connect? Are you certain you are picking the right network?

Initially,

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Do you need more help with this?