p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

Does a very short/small exposure to water always mean that

Customer Question

does a very short/small exposure to water always mean that the Kindle Fire is irreparable?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

It does not always mean it is damaged, but in most cases it does.

The best thing you can do for it is to leave it unused and unpowered to dry out.

Disconnect the charger, put it in a sealed bag or airtight container filled with raw uncooked white rice, and leave it sealed up like that for at least 48 hours.

Remove it, then reboot by pressing and holding the power button for 20+ seconds.

If still no change, plug into computer via usb, hold power button 60+ seconds.

If it still won't boot, then it is indeed damaged, and except for all but the largest screen models, is not worth fixing, as repairs will typically cost as much or more than a new one.

Depending how that works though, I can help you find a repair shop if you'd like.

If you want to shop for replacements, the smaller models have become very inexpensive: http://amzn.to/1UBNd2j

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Do you need more help with this, Lorraine?