Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

FireHD6 freezes and will not allow me to setup my new Kindle

Customer Question

fireHD6 freezes and will not allow me to setup my new Kindle fireHD6
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rahul P. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again. please reply if it works.

Hope it helps.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This did not help at all.
You need better instructions. For example ??Lower right ?
Help is useless and do NOT CHARGE ME
Expert:  Rahul P. replied 6 months ago.

If that does not work then follow these steps below.(remove the lether cover if you have it)

Connect the kindle to the charger wait for 5mins.
After 5mins(still connected to the charger) press and hold (or slide and hold) the power switch for at least 30 sec till you see a flicker in the kindle screen.Do it 3 to 4 times to reset the kindle, it will work.

Hope it helps.please reply if it works.
Regards.