GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

COMMENTS: Please help me as I would like to again be able to

Customer Question

COMMENTS: Please help me as I would like to again be able to buy and read books on my Kindle. I cannot remember my old password ***** I have a different internet server now. My old server***@******.*** My new server***@******.*** I have contacted you before but nobody could help me. Please could somebody help me. If I have to set up a new account - how do I go about that? Would I lose the books already on my Kindle? To be able to use my Kindle again, this seems to me the only way I can use my Kindle Please help.
This problem has been ongoing for almost a couple of years now. I am a pensioner and am not able to buy a new Kindle and start again and throw away a perfectly good devise and lose all the books I had.
My name is***** am the only SONIA HATHAWAY that lives at this address***** GRIFFITH ACT 2603 AUSTRALIA I still have the same bank account at the Commonwealth Bank, FYSHWICK ACT AUSTRALIA (I do not like to send the account numbers in an e-mail message.
I know for security reasons you are only able to help if I sent a message from the e-mail address that I had when I opened the account. However, I have not had that address for many years now and I cannot send or receive mail using that address. It has been closed.
Surely there must be so many people who for personal reasons have closed one server and use another.
Can people have two accounts with Kindle. Could I just cease to use the old one and open a new one with our current e-mail address. I believe I would lose all my books etc. on the old account.
I am not a technical person. Could someone please tell me how I could go about this.
I am getting more and more frustrated with not being able to use my Kindle and not getting any useful help. Our Library which was within walking distance closed and now it would be convenient for me to use my Kindle.
I look forward to some help from somebody.
Kind Regards
Sonia Hathaway
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, Sonia! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. If you do have to setup a new account, you will lose access to the books already on the kindle. However, you should be able to reset your Amazon account password ***** change the email address on file to your new email address. Please give me just a few moments to provide detailed instructions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alison, I have received an e-mail from Just Ask saying my e-mail has been changed and I have a new password.
Does this mean that, despite being told I have to send a request to Kindle using my old e-mail address which I used when I opened the occount, that I can now use Kindle again using my new account. This would be wonderful and I would not have to lose the books I already have and could buy new books etc.? Kind regards *****
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Sonia I don't think that is the case. I believe that the email you received was regarding your email address and password ***** the JustAsk/JustAnswer.com site. The best way to check is to go to www.amazon.com and try to login with that email address and password. If it works, and you can login with it, then click on YOUR ACCCOUNT and select MANAGE YOUR CONTENT AND DEVICES from the drop down menu. There you can find all of your Kindle books that are associated with your account. If it does not work, you should call Amazon customer service at 1(###) ###-####and explain the problem to them. You will have to give them the old email address and then new email address and you will probably have to provide some personally identifiable information such as perhaps the last digits of the credit card on file and/or the full name and address on the account, but they should be able to change your email address for you.

I hope that I have provided the information that you were seeking. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!