Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I am trying to transfer pictures from galaxy s6 to hp laptop

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Android Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: phone is broken but still works so before we send back to Verizon I want to transfer pictures to laptop but when I hook up usb cable nothing happens
JA: Fortunately, the tech wizards can untangle any phone problem that comes their way -- landline-related or otherwise -- and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: no the gentleman at Verizon said to connect phone and it would be self explaining but i'm not tech savy enough to figure this one out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Android Technician should know?
Customer: no.just want to transfer pictures
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Android Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable. Unlock the screen of phone.

Open Computer or This PC (from Start menu). You can find your phone in there. Right click on it and select "Import Pictures and Videos". Follow the onscreen instructions to download them to your computer.

Or open Computer or This PC (from Start menu). You can find your phone in there. Open it and you can find the phones memory (Internal memory and/or SD card). Open Camera or DCIM folder and open the sub folders to see your pictures. Just copy and paste them to you rcomputer's Pictures folder or click and drag them to your computer.

The advantage of this method is,you can selectively copy and paste or drag and drop the pictures to your computer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have an HP Pavillion with windows 10. how do I find phone. can you be more specific
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

By phone, I mean the name of your phone. Like "Galaxy S6" and you will see it in "This PC" along with C: D: etc hard drives.

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

See this sample picture from my compute

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
went to this pc and don't see phone in there
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

It is supposed to be shown there. Connect the phone to a different USB port of your computer/try another cable and make sure you unlock the screen of your phone.

If that didn't work, then download and install this program, Kies 3 --> http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

After installing Kies 3, restart your computer. Then connect your phone to your computer, open This PC and does it show there ?

If not, open Kies app from Start menu and does it recognize there ?