Bryan, Customer Service
Experience:  Working with HTV Evo 4G, develop android applications for personal use,
59162784

I can't swipe my phone days. : the phone is on I can receive

Customer Question

I can't swipe my phone for two days.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Android Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the phone is on I can receive phone calls but cannot answer them because I cannot swipe the phone
JA: Is there anything else the Android Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Android Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your phone?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
LG Optimus L 90

Please press and hold the Power on / off button on the phone for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did that you would need to swipe the phone and I cannot swipe.

Do not swipe. Just hold the power on / off button for about 30 seconds for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then swipe and check.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cannot swipe
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It reboots but still can't swipe

Remove the battery from the back of your phone for about a minute, then reinstall, then turn on and check.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
still can't swipe
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

I have 2 suggestions. First would be to clean the screen as sometimes a dirty screen can cause phantom touches that could be making it so that the "Swipe" gesture is not recognized.

The second suggestion would be to reset the phone to factory condition. It will wipe out all data and set it back to like-new condition. If you have a removable MicroSD Card, you can take that out first so that you don't lose data stored on it. If you can do that, then these are the steps to follow:

1. Back up all data on the internal memory (if possible), otherwise skip this step.
  2. Power off the device (Remove the battery if you have to).
  3. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys for 3 seconds or until the LG logo appears.
  4. While still holding Volume down key, quickly release the Power key, then quickly press and hold the Power key again.
  5. Release all keys when the Factory data reset screen appears.
  6. Use the Volume keys to select Yes or No and then press the Power key to confirm.
  7. Select Yes again to confirm.
  8. Wait for the system to reset and do not remove the battery.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Were you able to try the reset method or clean the screen as I advised? If it worked, please don't forget to rate my service. If it did not work, what were the results?