Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Motorola Milestone 3 phone. I am having trouble

Customer Question

I have a Motorola Milestone 3 phone. I am having trouble getting it to charge. I have a new battery and have tried three different cords and outlets without success. However, it will charge in the car. Any idea as to what the problem is?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that you have a defective charger or charging adapter. (I assume this, because you say it charges fine 'in the car' - presumably with a different, cigarette-lighter, adapter.)

Does that fit with what has actually happened with the various chargers you have tried?

Sometimes a defective charger can be told either by its 'power pack' not heating up at all when plugged in for a while, or heating up too distinctly much too. Or a careful look at the power cord or wire from the charger, reveals strain or bending or even breaking at some point, that has disabled it.

Would you like to try replacing your apparently defective charger? if so, tell me what maker and model it is and I will list some sources for a replacement if you wish.

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.)