Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech

I bought an android tablet at a garage sale and it freezes

Customer Question

I bought an android tablet at a garage sale and it freezes on the android screen. I'm trying to figure out how to fix it without having to pay someone else to do it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I turn the tablet on, the little android guy appears and in the corner it says Android OS 2.2 Kernel 2.6.32 Build number V1.3.1
JA: You'd be surprised how many people have questions about an operating system. Fortunately, the technicians we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

What is the brand/model of your tablet please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no idea. There are no logos and I can't figure out a way to get the back off to look for a model number on the inside.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
From what I have already read online, I assume it is a Chinese model of some sort.

okay, try these methods please>

Start each time with the Tablet powered off, then try each these combinations until you get the right one and then follow the steps listed below to reset.

• Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
  • Volume Up + Home + Power
  • Home + Power
  • Volume Up + Camera

Similar devices will likely use similar key combinations. For example, the Nexus 4 also uses Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.

If your device isn’t on this list and none of the above methods work, do a Google search for the name of your device and “recovery mode” – or look in the device’s manual or support pages.

Release the buttons when the device powered on. You’ll see an image of an Android lying on its back with its chest open and its internals revealed.

Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll through the options until you seeRecovery mode on the screen.

Press the Power button to restart into recovery mode. You’ll soon see an Android with a red triangle.

Hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up. You’ll see the Android system recovery menu appear at the top of your screen.

Select wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it.

Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap Power. Your device will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased.

If your device freezes at any point, hold down the Power button until it restarts.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The android guy appears, but never on his back.
How do you securely connect to the device?

I cant, that service will not be applicable for this issue.

try these steps>

• Make sure its OFF.
  • Press and hold the Menu button
  • Continue holding the Menu button and now press the Back button also.
  • While holding both of them NOW press and hold the power button
  • Continue to hold all three until the recovery begins.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no back button. :/
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I know it would be so much easier if I knew what model/brand it was.

okay, the only other option will be to use your computer following the steps in this link>PLEASE CLICK HERE<