Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and cannot unlock it.

Customer Question

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and cannot unlock it. It states "it is unable to recognize your fingerprint. Enter your backup password ***** unlock the devise".
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:Press and hold the Power button and power off (or press and hold Power button for about 15 seconds.)Press at the same time the 3 buttons: Volume Up, Home, and Power button until the samsung / recovery menu appear.Use Volume Down button to highlight option wipe data/factory reset, then press Power button.Use Volume Down button to highlight option Yes..., then press Power button.Wait a bit until it's done.Press Power button to reboot system now.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think I just wasted $25. The tablet doesn't go past the words "incorrect backup password ***** 0 times" then it shuts off. It never gets to the power button to hold for 15 seconds. When you touch the volume button it shuts off.Have two small children, have to go for now.
I'm sorry. I will continue to help you, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. When a solution does not work or if you are stuck at any step, please just reply back, so I can provide another solution.Were you able to try all my steps? Or are you stuck at any step?Do you see the Power on / off button on the tablet?Did you press and hold the Power ON / OFF button for about 15 seconds first?; Please note that the Home button is located right below the screen. The Power and Volume buttons are on the right side. Please click on the website below for illustrations:http://solverbase.com/images/e/e5/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-8-Inch-Hard-Reset-Buttons.png- Please make sure you did try my steps exactly in my previous reply. - Also, please click on the website below for video instructions; it's easier:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiFsWfiqHTcWe can continue when you are available; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Hi,How is it going? Do you still need help with this? And/or with anything else?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,