Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team

I own a Kindle Fire 7.5.1. Someone, thru Google, came in and

Customer Question

I own a Kindle Fire 7.5.1. Someone, thru Google, came in and changed my password. I keep getting a message 'authentication failed (Att). I cannot send emails and the out box is filled with over 2500 messages. Help?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. We need to start by resetting the password ***** your Gmail account. Once we have that done, then we can enter the correct password ***** the settings on your Kindle Fire and everything should work correctly. I can provide you with detailed step by step instructions here, or if you have access to a computer and you'd like, I can perform the steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
To change the password ***** your Google Account, just follow these steps:Go to and click on sign-in. Enter your username and click on "Need Help". On the next page, click beside "I don't know my password" then click on 'Continue". You'll be asked to enter the last password ***** you remember. Enter it, then click "Continue".If you have previously added a recovery email account, you will be shown part of the email address and you will be asked to enter the entire email address. Next, you'll need to check your recovery email account for an email that will tell you how to reset your password.If you previously added a cell phone number as a recovery option you may be given the opportunity to have a code texted to you.If neither of those options works, you still may be able to get in. You will be asked for details about how you used your account, people you emailed often, when the account was created, labels or filters you created - or other verifiable information. If you can answer these questions correctly, so Google can verify that you are indeed the owner of the account, you will be sent a link to reset your password.If you are unable to regain access to the account using the methods above, and you wish to speak with someone in person about gmail, you may call 1-***-***-****. Please note that the lines are automated, and hold times can be lengthy when you request a live person but this is the only way to get back into your email if you no longer have access to the recovery email and phone number listed for the gmail account and you don't remember the answers to the security questions.When you have reset the password ***** you are logged into your account, please go to settings and update your recovery email address, your phone number, and your security questions. This will make it much easier for you to recover access to your account if you forget your password ***** the future.