Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions

I just bought a Samsung tablet, does it only operate if it's

Customer Question

I just bought a Samsung tablet, does it only operate if it's around a wifi? can you buy a wifi for them so you can use them out on a job site or traveling in your car?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. SM-T550 is WiFi only model and there is another variant SM-T555 which allow you put in a actual SIM card to get internet on the go, over carrier network. You bought the WiFi only model. You can operate it without WiFi connection. But inorder to go online (internet), you need a WiFi network. Since you bought a WiFi only model, you can buy Wireless Personal Hotpot device called MiFi so you can access internet on your tablet through MiFi device. You can buy MiFi device from any carrier network and this device can create a WiFi access point which you can connect your Tablet to, to access internet. Here are some MiFi from; AT&T --> --> --> If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.