ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

I have a Motorola Droid Razor Maxx. It was shutting off by

Customer Question

I have a Motorola Droid Razor Maxx. It was shutting off by itself about every three to four minutes. I tried performing a factory reset but the phone freezes on one of the start up screens and then cycles off after about three minutes.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.
Hi TimYou will need to try Recovery Mode:Ensure the device is powered off.Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power buttons until the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears then release.From the Boot Mode Selection Menu, select Recovery and follow the on-screen instructions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried that already and went ahead and tried again. The phone goes to the Welcome screen where it shows English or Esponal choice and a start button. If I push the start button it does nothing and shuts off after 3 minutes.