Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I'M FRAN, AND I'M LOCKED OUT OF MY SAMSUNG 4G GALAXY

Customer Question

HI, I'M FRAN, AND I'M LOCKED OUT OF MY SAMSUNG 4G GALAXY TABLET... FOR SOME REASON IT WASN'T RECOGNIZING MY FINGER PRINT SCAN...YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. .THANKS
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. When you enter wrong passcode/password ***** multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the screen lock. Or it will ask for backup PIN if your finger print doesn't work. If that didn't work, then we can unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on the left and click Screen Unlock at left column. This will unlock the screen. If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the tab is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the passcode/locked screen if the Gmail or Samsung website option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset it; Turn off the tabPress and hold down Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.When it turns on, release the Power button but continue holding down Volume Up and Home button.Android system recovery will be loaded nowSelect wipe data/factory reset.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button) That should factory reset the tab. After factory reset, you need to setup the tab again (like a new tab). Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok... I'm locked out of my tablet, I'm having to use my cell phone....
To communicate with you. ?????
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Fran, Did you get my answer ? If not, here is it again; When you enter wrong passcode/password ***** multiple times or try to login with your finger print, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the screen lock. Or it will ask for backup PIN if your finger print doesn't work. Use that code. If that didn't work, then we can unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website (from your phone or from a computer) --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on the left and click Screen Unlock at left column. This will unlock the screen. If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the tab is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the passcode/locked screen if the Gmail or Samsung website option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset it; Turn off the tabPress and hold down Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.When it turns on, release the Power button but continue holding down Volume Up and Home button.Android system recovery will be loaded nowSelect wipe data/factory reset.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button) That should factory reset the tab. After factory reset, you need to setup the tab again (like a new tab). Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.