derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.

Google is requesting account verification on phone and does

Customer Question

Google is requesting account verification on phone and does not accept my passwords.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 5 months ago.
I'd be more than happy to assist you. If you have forgotten your Google password ***** only have a few options to regain access. One option is typing the last password ***** remember. Let's start by going here:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already followed all these steps. I been working on it for three days.
none of the options work? If none of the options work it's likely your account was compromised. When your account is compromised, hackers will often change the phone number, security questions, etc to prevent you from regaining access. Unfortunately Google is a free service and thus they don't have a phone number you can call to regain access to your account. Only the paid tier accounts have that level of support. I think we should initiate a phone call since I don't want to disclose your personal information here over the Internet. Unfortunately that costs additional, but JustAnswers still has a satisfaction guarantee. Would you like to discuss the matter verbally?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not much you can do either. I have spoken to at least nine techs. Thanks.
I have no ability to reset your password ***** that's what you mean. And (don't be offended) but I'm assuming your email address is ***@******.*** (where "xyz" is the first part of your email address). I have to ask because I've seen people ask Gmail account help, only to find out they had Yahoo. So forgive me if that question sounds insulting.
Well assuming you've exhausted all the recovery methods, I can only offer you advice at this point. Please when you rate my answer, please rate it on my helpfulness. In other words don't shoot the messenger please. And I know I know, no one ever wants to hear what they should have done when it's too late, but if you don't mind let make a few helpful suggestions.Always create strong passwords.Always create passwords that are random, not your pet's name, children's name, maiden name, etc, these can be guessed by jealous boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, vexed friends, etc).Always add security questions when forgetting passwords.Don't use security questions that could be guessed by friends, spouses, etc. Ex: What year did you graduate could be obvious to someone you know. Or if they put your LinkedIn or Facebook profile together with your email account, they might know the answer.When given the option to associate a mobile phone with your account, DO IT! But also make sure you keep it updated.Never give out your account password (period). There's never a reason to give your account password ***** anyone.Tired of trying to remember a bunch of passwords? Get LastPass. You can store all your passwords in an encrypted and secure fashion. There's an app for your phone, an extension for your browser. You can generate ridiculously strong passwords for your accounts. While only having to ever remember one strong password. I use this. Highly recommend it. Upgrade to the premium version for $12/year if you want the mobile phone option as well. As always you can swing back and reach out to me directly if you'd like to ask follow-up questions.