Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

Seems that all the photos on my S7, in the Camera folder just

Customer Question

Seems that all the photos on my S7, in the Camera folder just disappeared
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, it's an S6, not an S7
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry to hear that happened. Have you made any changes or updates on the S6 lately?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing that stands out. I was getting a message that my storage was full and I needed to delete some files, which I was doing, but then the entire folder marked "Camera" just disappeared, about 1600 photos. The file where all the new photos show immediately after taking a picture.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I then took a photo just to check that it was creating the file and the Camera file appeared, with just the one photo in it that I had just taken.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't seem to find the folder even when searching for it, and I didn't delete the folder.
Okay, do you remember the file names that you deleted?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was just deleting individual photos and videos, not entire files. That's why it perplexing
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The Album labelled Camera is just gone. There's an old one, but that's a carry over from when I transferred phones and it has always been there as well. The folder where all the new photos go, is no longer present
Did you have Google back up enabled?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I didn't
Okay, did you enable a Samsung account?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you mean did I have them backed up via Samsung. No
Okay, if they were accidentally deleted it may be possible to recover the photos, when deleted only the space that the file occupies is marked as blank and can be reused by new files, but the deleted file will be still there until new data overwrites it. If that is the case here then you can find and restore your deleted photos with a third party software.
Do you need more help?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'m wondering how much I may have overwritten it. I took a couple of videos and pics after losing the originals and hoping that didn't rule my chance of retrieval. Since you and I spoke, I've heard of this same thing with other Android owners.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Otherwise, I'm all set. Thanks for your help.
The pics and videos are the files that will overwrite, so the less you use the greater the chances of retrieval.