Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech

Dropped Samsung Galaxy s6 in water. Tried burying it in rice

Customer Question

Dropped Samsung Galaxy s6 in water. Tried burying it in rice overnight then used a blow dryer. It still shuts off and won't let me charge it. Says that battery is overheating. Is my phone salvageable?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that happened.Yes it is salvageable but you will need to get it completely dry before trying to charge it or power it on. Using the rice and blow dryer are not good methods. The rice is a desiccant, however it takes a few days to draw the moisture out. It only helps if the phone got a little wet. If there is moisture in the phones hardware the worst thing for it is charging and trying to power on. The only thing to do is completely disassemble it and dry the internal parts or use a desiccant pouch that has sap in it. The sap(super absorbent polymer) is the same thing that is used in a baby diaper. If you do that it still takes putting the pouch in a warm place for 24-48 hours to dry. You can get the dessicant packets at WalMart.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!