Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Samsung gal 3s-mini the battery is charged but it

Customer Question

I have a Samsung gal 3s-mini the battery is charged but it wont stay on...shuts down after about 15 seconds
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That is a symptom of battery failure. All rechargeable batteries in portable electronic devices in these times, fail eventually. Either they can't hold and deliver power any more, or they fail to provide sufficient voltage, but they do fail with the years. If your Samsung 3S is over a year old, the battery failing is not covered by warranty, and you would have to have it replaced.(Note: if the 3S and its battery are less than a year and a half old, that's an unusually short lifetime for a rechargeable battery, and to ensure that the new battery lasts, you might want to follow some guidelines... let me know if that's the case, and I'll advise you further.) If you need any guidelines about possibly replacing the battery yourself, rather than taking it to a Samsung shop, let me know. If this answers your question, please rate my answer; If you need more advice, let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In the time period waiting for an answer I also figured out it was the battery because while charging the phone it didn't die
In other words, when plugged up to the charger the phone could sustain operation for a while? good. Yes, that shows it's the battery that is at fault, not the charging circuitry.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well thanks but I'm not totally satisfied, we came to the same conclusion. I Think I jumped the gun when requesting your help, but I did so I think that reserving your time was worth the initial $5 I will think longer before I request your help next time
If you ask another question here, you may well get another Expert with a fairly different approach. Also if your question is different, it may go into another category that I don't work in, etc. Give us another try by all means; at least your opinion was confirmed. Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.