ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

Richard, I am Vladimir. I've just got an unlocked Verizon S5 g900v phone and I am

Customer Question

Hi Richard,
I am Vladimir. I've just got an unlocked Verizon S5 g900v phone and I am trying to get it working on Rogers here in Canada.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.
Hello Vladimir,Richard is currently offline. I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.For GSM carriers like Rogers, as well as fitting a GSM SIM card, you will need to contact the service provider to check the full compatibility of the phone with their service in your area - different bandwidths may be used in some areas.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Peter,
The phone works with Rogers and with the GSM card, I verified that. I needed to add some language support, and I accidentally soft-bricked the phone, so I had to flash the stock's image onto it. Because the phone was not rooted (now it is rooted) I had no chance to create an image backup.
Now SecSettings do not have "Global network" switch and APN settings. Basically all I need is a setting to enable "Global network".Thanks,
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.
Ok, in light of this additional information let me see if another expert can assist you further with this...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Pete, but I have solved the problem myself.