Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

Good morning! My kindle is saying that I am connected to wifi

Customer Question

good morning! My kindle is saying that I am connected to wifi but it will not connect to the internet. The signal icon in the upper corner had an ! in it. I have tried it at different locations to see if it is my home internet. I have shut it down and held the on/off button for 40 seconds. I even went so far as to return to factory settings and starting over, but being unable to connect to the internet I wasn't able to retrieve anything. Help! Linda
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 9 months ago.
Hi, What is the operating system of your computer(the one which you're using to talk with me)?for eg: windows/MACPlease let me know if it's connected to the same wireless network to which you're trying to connect your Kindle.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows. And I have tried to connect to the internet at home as well as 2 different work places
Would you like me to remote in your computer and check your wireless settings?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the same thing happens at other locations, not just the home location so not sure if that is the problem
Were you able to connect it successfully before and since when you are facing this problem?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I bought the fire a few months ago and did not have any problems until now
Did you change your internet service provider within those few months ?or changed your router/modem.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NO. And as I mentioned I am not able to connect anywhere, not just at home
It seems to be a problem with the network card. It needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright. I don't recommend trying to see what the problem is in detail without help from Amazon support team. The Kindle is under warranty and they will either help you repair it, or replace it with a new one absolutely free. You can also contact kindle support atUnited States: 1-***-***-****Outside the United States: 1-***-***-**** Free is always good.
Please follow this link to see how send a Kindle for warranty repair: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201815560
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK. am I paying $26 for this conversation with no resolution of the problem?
I would have been glad to help you with replacing your network card but it's of no use because Amazon will replace it free of cost and why you will put in effort to replace it.
Even if you replace you will void your unit's warranty. In future if something else happens you can't claim your warranty.
As an expert, I should suggest my customers the best way to handle problems.