Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My Kindle Fire D01400 just displays the words KindleFire, and

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire D01400 just displays the words KindleFire, and seems to be cycling through steps of a boot sequence then resetting. What should I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.Could you please explain what you mean by "cycled power buttons several times"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed the button until the device turned off, then pressed again. Sometimes I held the button down for between 30 seconds and 1 minute. No action had any effect.
The OS of your Kindle file has become corrupt and it needs to be reinstalled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?
I am sorry to say it can only be done by Amazon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do NOT want to be called. I do NOT want a monthly subscription. I just want to know how to reinstall the OS. So far, I am FAR from satisfied.
If resetting doesn't helps then it verifies that kindle's OS has gone bad and the only option reinstall it. For that you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA# ***** to sending it. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost. You can also contact kindle support atUnited States: 1-***-***-****Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was really no help at all. Good Bye!
I am sorry to say but I wanted to be completely honest with you.Sorry to give you a bad answer.