Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Nick. I have had to repair my Samsung Galaxy S5 duo here

Customer Question

Hi Nick. I have had to repair my Samsung Galaxy S5 duo here in Dubai and now they have put UAE setting (with Whatsapp blocked! How can I reinstall setting from UK or any European country?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. You may need to install/pu an UK or Europe based firmware on the phone and setup it with. This will delete everything from the phone unfortunately. Before you do that, have you tried deleting WhatsApp and reinstalled it ? If so, I want you to backup all your files from the phone to your computer (photos, videos etc). Then we can factory reset the phone and setup it with European country and European SIM card. If that didn't work, then we have to flash a new UK or Europen firmware on it using a computer. Once you backup all your stuffs to your computer, go to Settings > Backup & Reset and do a factory reset from there (remember, this will delete everything from the phone). After factory reset, it will ask you to select Country. Select your country and make sure you do this while a European SIM is in the phone. Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Ashik,
thank you very much for your answer. I will follow your instructions and hope to be successful.
Unfortunately today and tomorrow I will be quite busy and have no time for re-setting.
I will do it later this week and revert to you soon.
Kind regards,
Giorgio
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome Giorgio. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later or any time you want. Best Regards,Ashik