Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I forgot my parental control password ?

Customer Question

I forgot my parental control password ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Does it let you go to menu / settings?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
If possible, go to menu / settings, then select the option Parental Controls and turn if off. If you do not remember the parental controls password, please enter the wrong password ***** 5 times, then it will let you reset the parental controls password, and continue, then turn off Parental Controls.- If that does not work, please deregister the kindle. Then you can register it back again by signing in with your email address and with your Amazon account password. Then your kindle will work normally again.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried it five times and nothing worked
Press and hold the power on / off button on your kindle fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on.Does it let you go to menu / settings?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just tried turning it off for thirty seconds just turned it on
Does it let you log in the kindle? Does it let you open menu? Does it let you open anything on the kindle?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it let me into menu and offline apps but not online apps wont none off the items on the menu work without a password and I dont remember any?
Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.Tap Device / Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.Tap Reset / Yes to confirm.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when I tap into registration it does't dergister
After you tap on Registration, what does it show?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes I'm at a public computer I am leaving to talk over the phone. thanks
Sorry, your payment failed, so you might want to check with your bank / credit card company later.If you need to leave, you can get back to me via later via the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email.After you tap on Registration, what does it show? What happens when you select the option Deregister?- And/or does it let you do the following:Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings or MoreTap Device / Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.Tap Reset / Yes to confirm.- And/or when you do the following:Enter an incorrect password ***** times.Tap the orange link that says Reset Your Parental Controls Password. If you don't see this link on your screen, you may need to scroll down in the message window.Enter your Amazon account password (this is the password ***** used to register your device, and to sign in to Amazon; if you do not remember your Amazon account password, you can reset it at the Amazon website: http://www.amazon.com/password)Enter your new Parental Controls password.Some more information:https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-forum/kindle?ref_=cm_cd_et_md_pl&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgID=Mx25WXGD5OB9X98&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1VF5F9XMBHZK2&pldnSite=1#Mx25WXGD5OB9X98When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,