p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert

I have a pretty old kindle. How do I delete some of my bo

Customer Question

I have a pretty old kindle. How do I delete some of my books?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Barbara. Are you wanting to remove them just from your kindle?If so, you select a book from the library, then choose the Remove, or Archive option.This has the effect of taking it off the actual kindle so it won't take up space, but it remains available within your amazon library online, such that you an always download it to this or another kindle, at any time as you've already purchased it. If you want to be rid of it forever, and not even see it in your online library, you can actually permanently delete it from your account, but that has the effect of totally removing it and if you ever wanted to read it again, you would have to pay for it again. I can explain more about that, if you prefer. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Expert:  p0llinate replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Barbara?
Hi, Barb.It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.Please reply back here on this page when ready. Instead of just selecting a kindle book, choose the selection, then tap and hold your finger on it (if touch screen), to see the options.If not a touch screen, highlight it then press the MENU button (the stacked horizontal lines button)