Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience and education.

I have a Kindle which was working fine until about 5 days ago.

Customer Question

I have a Kindle which was working fine until about 5 days ago. When I open an application says Books it tells me that I have to log in to get to books. WHERE do I log in on the kindle. I also tried to register my kindle on line but it would not take the registration. I am very UPSET about all of this. Why is my Kindle acting like this when for many many months I did not have to log in.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello Kathy, I am the person that will be helping you today. It appears that your account may have been compromised. Being that when you attempt to re-register the Kindle, it gives you problems, you will first need to reset your account password, which will unlock it. Please, follow the instructions below to reset your Amazon account password:- Click the following link: Fill out the requested information on that page and continue.- Once that is complete, you will be able to reset your password. If you simply, wish to create a new account and use it to, you can do so at the following page: I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.Thank you again, - Jason P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.