Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

I am unable to load pictures from my computer to my Samsung

Customer Question

I am unable to load pictures from my computer to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android. Please help, thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 7 months ago.
Does the Samsung Tablet show up in the list of available devices on the computer?Which version of windows do you have on your computer? xp,vista,7,8,10,etc....
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have Windows 10. What you mean by the available devices?
okay, thank you. To find the connected devices, plug the Samsung tablet into the usb port, then right click on your start menu icon. Then choose File explorer. The Samsung should show up in the devices and drives section.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it is not showing up in the list of devices. I was able to load pictures in the past with no problem, not sure what happened. Thanks
Okay, run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do this. Press ‘Windows key on the keyboard.Type ‘Troubleshooting’, and press enter.Click on ‘Hardware and Sound' and select ‘Hardware and Devices' .Then click on next to run the troubleshooter.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Randy it seems my keyboard does not have a windows key
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry I got it by using control and escape
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It said I have to restart the computer to apply the fix, I am doing that now.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will lose you if I do, how can we reconnect just in case it does not work?
You can bookmark this screen by pressing he ctrl and d key at the same time. Let me know the results please.Check this on your tablet also. open the “Settings,” then navigate to “Storage” and touch the upper-right corner for the “USB computer connection” options. On this screen, you want to make sure “Media device (MTP)” is selected.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I will try to let you know. Thanks
Sounds good.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Randy, I am back after the restart. I tried to do what you said below, got to the storage (it showed Device Memory, total space etc.) but didn't see the area you mentioned about the upper right computer connection options. Please advise. Thanks“Settings,” then navigate to “Storage” and touch the upper-right corner for the “USB computer connection” options.On this screen, you want to make sure “Media device (MTP)” is selected.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think you meant upper left, correct?
Try this on the tablet, touch menu, then settings, then wireless and networks. Then USB settings, then mass storage, then connect the USB cable, then touch Mount to files to computer.