Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

My kindle fire has a blank blue screen with BOOKS,VIDEOS, APPS

Customer Question

my kindle fire has a blank blue screen with BOOKS,VIDEOS, APPS AND CHARACTERS at top, b it will not respond
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  info tech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.Let me know if you need more helpA positive rating is appreciated thank youRegardsAnthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IT DID NOT RECOVER OPERATING SYSTEM.
Did you try at least 4 times?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
YES THEIR IS A SIDE POWER BUTTON AND A CANCEL SHUT DOWN BUTTON. WHICH SHOULD I HOLD 40 EC
The POWER button
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NOTHING HAPPENED!
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 7 months ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot but unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value, You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!