Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Good morning i am a t-moble customer and was told to contact

Customer Question

good morning i am a t-moble customer and was told to contact you to unluck my samsung note five due to some glitches i came across when using my finger security sign in, and now my phone has locked me out of the pin number sign in. tmobile said maybe you would be able to reset my phone without erasing all my information if this is possible i would like to go ahead and do this please i have been without a phone for 2days and would appreciate it if you are able to help me, next step will be to look for another mobile carrier. Mahalo
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomethere is no way to remove the lock with out resetting the phone, if there was there would be no cause for the security, so I am not sure why T-Mobile said this but in order to use the phone again you have to reset it. It will wipe all your data and return the phone to new, but you cannot avoid this.To do the resetTurn off the Samsung Note 5.Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.After the Galaxy Note 5 has rebooted, then use the Powerbutton to select it.When the Galaxy Note 5 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.The phone will then be usable again If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you