Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

My Kindle was recently updated and various language dictionaries

Customer Question

My Kindle was recently updated and various language dictionaries were added. Since then my battery life has been severely reduced. It loses charge almost immediately
Why ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software using a force reset method while USB charging.Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Then power on and check for normal operation.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!