Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

I am trying to delete books I have already read. I used to

Customer Question

I am trying to delete books I have already read. I used to touch the book on my old kindle and it would ask me if I wanted to delete and I would hit delete. Now it gives me 3 choices add to home, add to collection and book description.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. That means the book is not actually on your device it is in the cloud section. The book remains part of your account in the cloud section and if at any time you want to redownload it you can by adding to the collection. You can also do a restart of your Kindle by holding down the button for 20 seconds the device will shut off then turn it back on. When it does see if the options are still there just in case there is a glitch with the software. But like I mentioned the book is in the cloud section of your device. Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hate to sound stupid but have been having trouble downloading the books with this new Kindle so how do I download to get rid of it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
have not really gotten an answer to my question so I will not pay
Expert:  Cris replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the late reply I was offline. When you tap on the book if you add the book to collection or to home. The book then downloads directly onto the device. If not it remains in the cloud for future download. To remove completely you have to do it from the Amazon site. However, if you do that and you want to re-download the book you have to re-purchase it. Hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions let me know. If not please take the time to rate my service.
Expert:  Cris replied 7 months ago.
Hi, how did you make out with my solution?
Expert:  Cris replied 7 months ago.
Any luck with my solution? Please take the time to rate my service and submit.