Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I'm having problems using my new tablet floor stand with my

Customer Question

I'm having problems using my new tablet floor stand with my 7-inch Android (Nexus 7) tablet. Whenever I press on the tablet, it wobbles. I couldn't afford to purchase a very expensive, strong and heavy floor stand . My stand is on the cheaper end of the scale. Nevertheless, I didn't expect my tablet to wobble as much as it does. It occurred to me that perhaps there's a device I can wear or have beside me that can communicate with my tablet and tell it to perform a finger press. That would solve my problem: Since I wouldn't be physically touching the tablet, it wouldn't wobble when I "press" it. I was wondering if anyone knows if such a gadget exists. Thank you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that the one solution possible to the problem, would be a more sturdy floor stand. A floor stand that wobbles alarmingly when you tap the touch-screen on your tablet, is not fit to use. I have experience with telescope stands, and the more inferior are unusable owing to the wobble factor you have seen. And while a tablet may not have to stay by any means as still as a telescope, still the stand should be fairly firm. The magic solution you are asking for, would be a transparent (!) pad that would translate beams of light into pressure, or the like, that you could overlay upon your touchscreen/tablet. That sort of technology does not exist. So with the current touch-screen type you have, a sturdier stand may be the only practical solution.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your input. But I think I have a better solution.A few hours ago I contacted customer service asking for a refund for this question because I solved the problem. I'm going to put a very heavy bag of sand on top of the base.