Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a LG G Flex about two years old. It is running Android

Customer Question

I have a LG G Flex about two years old. It is running Android 4.4.2.
Recently it has developed a text function problem using the native texting app. It receives texts just fine, but when I either try to reply to a text message or send an original, there is a delay anywhere from about 20 minutes to several hours before the message is actually sent. For example, I sent a message at 3:59pm EDT today; it is now 6:53 and the message still has not been transmitted.
Any ideas?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I fear that you may have spyware added in to your Android operating system. Or something similar in the way of a hack. If messages take too long to send, it might be because they are first being sent... elsewhere. (This most especially, if you find that sending data in other ways, e.g. from web pages, is not taking unduly long.) You should test for a security hole that your version of Android might well have. Given that your phone has the Android OS on it, then if that OS version is not sufficiently updated, then it may contain a significant 'security hole' that allows almost anyone to gain access and control over your phone. To test as to that security hole (it does not cure it, I must point out, just detects it), download and use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector to tell whether there is such a security hole in your phone's Android operating system. To avoid the problem in the first place, not just using the Stagefright detector, but also completely updating your Android OS ab initio when you first start using it, is a good idea. (Some older versions of Android OS cannot be patched, by merely updating that version... but a higher version, if it can run on the older Android OS -compatible phone, can cure that problem.)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry but your solution did not solve the problem. I finally solved it myself by experimenting with different possibilities. I understand you have a money-back guarantee. Please refund my $7 deposit.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
I'm glad to hear that a solution was reached. Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.
As a JustAnswer.com Expert I have no power over refunds.For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-usThey will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.