Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Dropped paperwhite.botom half of screen not working tried rebooting

Customer Question

dropped paperwhite.botom half of screen not working tried rebooting but doesn't help'
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. It's very possible the LCD screen has failed in the Kindle- this would be a hardware failure, and nothing we can do from a computer to fix. In that case I will provide a service link for you. Also, I'm not sure exactly what procedure you tried for rebooting (if you simply shut it off and turned it back on, etc.), but if you have not already tried this- please try the steps below: Press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. Lastly, if those steps do not work, then the screen would need to be replaced on the Kindle to fix the issue and you could locate a repair center at the link below: http://www.missionrepair.comFeel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.