Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I'm trying to download pics from my Samsung Note 4 to my Mac.

Customer Question

I'm trying to download pics from my Samsung Note 4 to my Mac. Downloaded Android file transfer but it's not working. It says it does not detect any device
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I changed it to be connected as a camera. What's next?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
The first thing I would donis restart the note. To do this, hold down the power button until prompted to turn off and select that. Then start it up and wait for it to be fully started before plugging in the USB cable.
When you do, plug it into a different USB port if available. Let me know how you make out.
Also, depending on how you are transferring, you may want to set it back to being a mass storage device.