Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

The power button on my ASUS tME302C ablet is stuck and won't

Customer Question

The power button on my ASUS tME302C ablet is stuck and won't turn the device ON. I know the tablet is charged because the full battery symbol comes on when I plug in the charger. Is this something that can be easily and cheaply repaired? I will not pay for someone to tell me to send it in or take it to be repaired!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Grasp the button gently at two opposite edges with your nails (if they are not fragile, nor too short nor too long.)Pull upward very slightly... does the button pop out a little?If not, wiggle the button back and forth a bit.If that doesn't release it, then let go of it.Use one fingertip like a (very gentle) hammer, and tap the button sharply.Does that turn the tablet On, yet? Look closely at the margins of the Power button. Any sign of crumbs, dirt, bits of food, anything like that?