Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I got locked out of my incredible 2. Can you help? It doesn't have service anymore I

Customer Question

I got locked out of my incredible 2. Can you help? It doesn't have service anymore I just want to download and transfer my old pictures from it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. One way to go about this is, given that you have forgotten the password ***** the device:1. try false passwords, or possible passwords (just in case one turns out to be correct), until you get 10 failed attempts.2. then you should be prompted for your GMail username and password ***** an alternate unlock. (Look for it after 10 failed attempts in succession.)3. with the phone unlocked, promptly reset the password ***** the device (NOT for GMail!) to something simple and easy.4. get the photos transferred off of the device, e.g. by computer connection by USB cable or the like, using your computer interface to access the Incredible as just another disk-type device, going into it on your computer, finding the photos, selecting them, copying them, and going back onto your hard disk, creating a folder for them, and Pasting them into that folder.