Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

1. when I go to open any book stored on my Kindle I get an

Customer Question

1. when I go to open any book stored on my Kindle I get an error message that says to delete the book and go to cloud and download it again. What does that mean and how can it be fixed?
2. In the last book I read, Memory Man and in several other books over time when I tap to change a page it goes to the end of the book. This is maddening since I then have to guess where I left off and spend a lot of time searching for the right page. Also, Memory Man had page numbers but on my Kindle it only shows either the location number or minutes left in the chapter on the left bottom and only % on the bottom right. Who won't it show a real page number?
Is my Kindle so cheep a model that all this is happening? Is it shot?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to try the steps in my reply.