Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

I have a samsung note 4. it will not turn on. took it in to

Customer Question

i have a samsung note 4. it will not turn on. took it in to us cell and they cant figure it out. could you help me?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 8 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Have you tried a different charger and battery?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes both. before phone shut down completley it was acting weird for a few days.said i had a bug or virus or something. ran several scans and such found nothing wrong and then phone just shut down and would not power back on period
I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a hard reset method.Please follow these steps> remove and re-insert the battery.Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:Volume Up keyHome keyPower key.When the phone vibrates, release the Power key.When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release all keys.Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'Press Power button to select.Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.Press Power button to select and start the master reset.When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
held all 3 buttons absolutely nothing
I am sorry about that,unfortunately that means it is a hardware issue.Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!