Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My samsung s7 is stuck on the 'samsung galaxy s7' opening page

Customer Question

my samsung s7 is stuck on the 'samsung galaxy s7' opening page
it wont turn on further than that
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.Let me know the results pleaseThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happened. the screen is still stuck on the samsung galaxy startup page
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did it power off at least when doing my instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, it stayed the same
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the charger and hold the power button for a full 2 minutes and tell me if it then goes off please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, hold the power and volume UP buttons until it reaches a menu.Can you get to this menu?`
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried it a few times. no menu comes up.
a menu comes up when i do that with volume down button though
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, when you use Volume Down it should be entering download mode.but do you see Wipe Data in the menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it comes up with a warning page as follows:'a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.if you want to download a custom os press the volume up key. other wise press volume down key to cancel.'so i have pressed down key a couple of times on this but nothing happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats download mode, its not what we want to access. The recovery mode is with Volume Up and power Can you try a few times to get to it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ooohh a blue screen has come up! with the android icon. it says 'installing system updates'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let this complete and tell me what happens when it has.It can take up to 20 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will let you know. thank you richard!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would it stay on the same page for 20 mins? it doesnt look like anything is happening
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, did you actually exist download mode? when you go this message? if you want to download a custom os press the volume up key. other wise press volume down key to cancel.'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so it is still on the blue android page. 'installing system update...'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but I need to know pleasedid you actually exist download mode? when you go this message? if you want to download a custom os press the volume up key. other wise press volume down key to cancel.'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah i exited it. i didnt want to download a custom OS
i pressed volume key down and then tried what you said
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let it sit for 20 minutes and tell me if anything changes please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so it has been 20 minutes and it is still on the same blue screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, hold the power button for 60 seconds.Does it power off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, still on the same screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal memory that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to reset. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you