Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech

Just this afternoon, my Kindle reader started showing some

Customer Question

Just this afternoon, my Kindle reader started showing some kind of what looks like a minature page and despite rebooting and holding the power key down for over 40 seconds it remains on the screen even when the Kindle is off. Please help!
I can be reached at(###) ###-####
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot but unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value, You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Just checking in with you to make sure that your kindle is working properly.