Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My wife has a 5 and turned it off when we were flying today.

Customer Question

My wife has a 5 and turned it off when we were flying today. Now when she goes to turn it on we can get any response other then a constant ping on a black screen ever 4-5 seconds? What happened
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It sounds as if the phone suffered a sudden failure, doubtfully one brought on by changing pressure or other incident of the flight. How old is the phone in question? measured from date of purchase. It might be also, from a bit of research on the symptoms, that the digitizer and/or the screen's connector has slipped out of its place.Taking it to a repair shop and having the connector reseated might possibly do something for the problem. Meanwhile, turn it Off, leave it Off for at least overnight, and try it again.