Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I just received my Kindle Paperwhite and am having difficulty

Customer Question

I just received my Kindle Paperwhite and am having difficulty registering. First, I do not know if I have a Kindle account and, if so what the password ***** There is a list of fwo=fi networks but I do not know which to choose. When I have selected several, they ask for a password, which I do not have. and when I have put in a password ***** was not accepted. Pleasesend me instructions on what to do.
Frederic L. Pryor
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeThese is the password ***** your wireless network. this password ***** set up when the wireless network was setup.Do you have a windows computer already connected to the wireless network? As we can get the password ***** this. I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard