Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

I can't get my pioneer to connect to my Android every USB I

Customer Question

I can't get my pioneer to connect to my Android every USB I use it says incompatable but my friendsiphone connects no problem help it won't even connect via Bluetooth and my Android has the lollipop(###) ###-#### ***** call and help and it doesn't have GPS downliaed in it and it's the newest one out and nicest
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Check that the pioneer does not have an update available: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Car_Electronics/Firmware%20Update%20Files/Expanded%20Android%20Auto%20Compatibility/Firmware%20Update%20Instructions_AVH-4100NEX_FINAL.pdf

Depending on what android you have check if it is up to date as well. Not all devices are supported via bluetooth however via usb it should work but again not all devices are supported. Try resetting your android device and see if that resolves the problem for you.

I have had pioneer in my vehicles and always the flagship and I can tell you every single one it seems like one problem or another, their receivers drive me nuts, unfortunately for me while there were problems that were upsetting they still made the better out of the receivers.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.