Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have 4 ip cameras working ok on on my computer but am

Customer Question

I have 4 ip cameras working ok on bi on my computer but am unclear as to what is to be port forwarded (Lan or Wan) to make it work on my Samsung S5 neo
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the IP Cameras?

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
IP cameras are: Wanscam JW0004, Foscam FI9821w, FI8919w, FI9803p. Cameras are working fine on computer blueiris. I know how to portforward my router but am unsure what to portforward. The help instructions with the software are not that good,
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, checking the manual the Wanscam says port 99 and 4000

For the Foscam, when you set them up you set the port, so it is the port you configured it to.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure what manual you have but my ports are forwarded as follows on my computer: Wanscam 8091, Fi9821w 9090Fi8919w 9290, Fi9803p 9390. Please read the online help instructions for android blueiris.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

If they are the ports you set, then they are the ports you forward

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You have it all wrong. Ports for each camera are already forwarded on the standalone computer. They do not have to be forwarded again for the blueiris android version. Read the online bi help. It refers to forwarding either the lan ip or the wan ip. This is the issue,which is it?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

You do not need to port forward on the LAN, you only need to forward on the router, and the ports you indicated is what you have to forward.

I am sorry you feel this is wrong,but it is how port forwarding works, but no problem, you are of course entitled to your onion, I will opt out for another expert who can work with you to do port forwarding that does not involve the router.

Thanks and all the best.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am still waiting for the new expert.