Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair firm.

I have a Samsung tablet that supposedly got a virus that

Customer Question

I have a Samsung tablet that supposedly got a virus that says I need to go pay a special card from a walgrens before it goes away after paying 500.00. How can I remove it. The tablet won't respond
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Steve G. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

You have the FBI Moneypack virus. You need to start the tablet in safe mode and uninstall any recent apps that you may have downloaded.

To turn on Safe Mode, follow these steps:

1. Power the tablet completely off, ensuring that there are no lights lit.

2. Press and hold the “Power” button to turn the Tab 3 back on.

3. When the Galaxy Tab 3 logo appears on the screen, press and hold the “Volume Up” button.

4. Continue to hold the “Volume Up” button until the tablet completely starts. You’ll know you’ve done everything properly if you see the words “Safe Mode” appear in the lower-left corner of the screen.

Then start deleting recent apps. You can always download them again but one of them had that virus included with it.

Let me know if you need further help.