ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

When I look up a bible chapter, the first few chapters come

Customer Question

When I look up a bible chapter, the first few chapters come up showing footnotes instead of verses. This happens with NIV and KJV. The Kindle belongs to my Father In Law. He uses it many times during the day. He's tried talking to Customer Service, but his hearing is not good and he gets very frustrated. This happened with his last Kindle after an update. Again, with this one. He Does not use Wifi often, but recently was where he had Wifi access. His Kindle updated and again he is having this problem. I researched on line and see where this has happened to many. How can I quickly resolve for my Father in Law without spending half my day? Need HELP, PLEASE.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Hi Kathy,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your Kindle question.

When you restarted, did you press and hold down the power button down for a full 20 seconds and lett it completely reboot itself? This should clear out any temporary data that may be causing the footnotes to appear.

In addition to restarting, I'd suggest removing the Bible from the Kindle and then download it again - Amazon will have remembered the purchase do you do not need to pay for the Bible twice.

Please reply back and let me know if that works, or if you still need further assistance...

Have a Happy Easter!