Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Motorola zoom, is locked from too many attempts on trying

Customer Question

Motorola zoom, is locked from too many attempts on trying the unlock pattern. It gives an alternative way to unlock through Google email. Cant use that option because wifi is turn off. I really need to safe the 3000 photos that I have on here. Please help me unlock and save the data on the tablet.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

1. Ensure your tablet is off.
  2. Turn on the tablet, while the tablet is showing Motorola logo, press the volume down key.
  3. Keep pressing volume down key till "Android recovery text" shows up in top left corner
  4. Press volume up key to place tablet in Android recovery mode
  5. While talbet is showing Android recovery screen, press and hold the power button.
  6. While power button is pressed, press and release volume up key
  7. You should be prompted with: wipe data/factory reset option
  8. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset”
  9. Press power to select option
  10. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.
  11. Use the power button to select.
  12. Press the Power button to reboot.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you