Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I have the wwe app i try to watch it on my lgg4 and it says

Customer Question

I have the wwe app i try to watch it on my lgg4 and it says needs to verify location...I spoke to wwe tech earlier today they told me to take off mock location but this phone doesnt have it..Is there something else to do.. i took off mock on my samsung tablet now i can access media on the wwe app..can u help?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If u need to talk my cell is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Michael my name is ***** ***** tried to watch the wwe app the other day and it says that they cant verify my location.so it wont work
Do you have your GPS turned on? You may have to uninstall the app and reinstall. When you do it should ask you if you want to grant permission to the app to use location services.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did all that with tmobile the other day.spoke to wwe ppl today they said i need to go to mock location and turn off but there is none there it says nothing

Mock location is located in the developer settings. You can get to the dev settings by going to the about device in settings, then tapping on the build number several times until it says "developer mode enabled".

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just did that and it says no need im a developer already ?

Then you should have developer options under your settings. That's where mock locations is located.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I c developer options and when i click on mock location it comes up nothing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Their is but when i click on it it says nothing

What is the app?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WWE app wrestling

Is it this app?

http://bitli.es/moY6JW

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wwe .com

Sorry. I think I sent the wrong link. Just want to make sure I have the right app.

Is it this one?

http://bitli.es/NE5nQB

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wwe
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is what to do now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
U there

Yes, somehow, you are blocking the location on your phone. You shouldn't have to be doing anything unusual to allow it to run other than allowing the location when it asks.

What I would do is a factory reset of the Lg G4 and set it up again without doing a restore - just installing the apps. It is very strange that you have two devices that have had this exact same problem - and asking for a location is not at all unusual for an app. It's possible that the location was blocked at one point by answering the prompt to allow. It could also happen due to ad blocking software.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
A factory reset is what....

It is a complete reset of the device.

Turn the power off

press and hold power key and volume down key

release power key once the lg logo is displayed, then press and hold power again

release all keys when the factory reset screen is displayed.

use volume to navigate up/down and power to confirm the reset.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will i loose my apps and txt messages and phone numbers

Yes, you will until the phone synchronizes again. Text messages will not synchronize, but contacts will. If you really need to save your text messages, you may want to use a third party app to back them up. Apps can always be reinstalled from the play store if you are logged in with the same Google account. There is something wrong with the system files on your phone - this is the only way you are going to be able to correct it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Phone numbers will b saved
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cant do that cuz i have things from the ex wife so i wont b able to do that any other suggestions...